Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Back in Action....

I've been out a few times without blogging, just been kind of busy lately. I really haven't had a ton of luck fishing recently, but I have been catching a few each time I go out. Way better than paddling home with a big ole skunk. I am so thankful that I have found the sport of kayak fishing. Not only have I gotten closer to nature, but I have made some friends that I never would have met. First off, Tim "Stew-rat" Stewart. The founder of Hardcore Kayak Fishing Team, the VP of Mt. Island Wildlife Stewards, and the self proclaimed "Only American Born Ninja" has become of the best friends I have ever had the pleasure of making. He has kinda taken me under his wing and showed me the ropes in this sport, as well as some of the things that go along with hanging out on the river. What a great guy. Can't forget about the rest of the Hardcore Crew. Bo, Barry, and the rest of the gang are probably the most diverse team I have ever been associated with, and I learn a ton of little tricks and secrets every time I paddle out with them. I have also met a bunch of fellow anglers on NCAngler.com. Darryl "Dbeam" Beam, John "H2Ohhh" Yvars, Raymond Wells, Scott "Bigbasshunter" Myers, and a whole mess of others have made fishing become absolutely more enjoyable. There is a lot of people on the websites that I have never met, but hopefully one day I will. The bottom line to all of this is that fishing is more about going out and trying to catch fish. When you add the paddling aspect into it, the fellowship aspect is even stronger. Kayak fishing is exploding in popularity, and I am glad I have hopped on board when I did. I only hope to be able to give sound advice, and help others fall in love with this sport like everyone who has helped me.
With all that being said, I'm gonna keep my report to a few simple photos this time around. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy reading these just as much as I enjoy writing them. Take care, and remember education and conservation are the keys to keeping our sport thriving.


A nice little largemouth caught under a dock.
Chunky bass for ya.

First crappie caught from my yak.
It was flipping cold.


Nice little spotted bass. He jumped nearly 2 feet out of the water.

'Nother little spot, put up a mean fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment