Monday, April 30, 2012

Tournament #2

Following last weekends tournament, I figured I would post at least a small write-up. What a day. First off, congrats to my buddy Bob "toba" Dainton for pulling out the victory. It was a tough day of fishing all around, with a single 20" fish bringing in first prize.

The weather was horrible for spring time fishing. Started the morning out cold, and it never really warmed up. We had a solid wind churning all day, and it was overcast as well. I only managed to bring in 2 small bass, one at 12 3/4 and one right at 12. With this being a big fish tournament, only one fish was needed, but mine just weren't big enough. I stuck with my guns and kept banging a shaky head jig rigged with a couple of different color worms. Lucky enough to catch a couple of fish, just not lucky enough to place this time around. My fellow hardcore brethren had an equally challenging day as well. Bo only brought one to the boat, while Stew had a better day, bringing in 4. However, the experience in all of this was great, as again it was an excellent way to raise some much needed funds for Heroes On the Water.

If you haven't checked them out yet, they are here.......Heroes On the Water
NCKFA has been great in fund raising and putting on great tournaments.....North Carolina Kayak Fishing Association

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I was more into keeping my hands warm this time around. I will try to scrape up some pictures from around the interwebs to post up.

Remember, conservation and youth education are the key to keeping our sport and passion alive and well!

Tight Lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment